Saturday, March 1, 2014

TOS Diet days 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

I consider My TOS Diet to be one piece of the puzzle in trying to control my TOS pain symptoms.
Some of the other pieces are: posture, managing stress, staying active, supplements, attitude and thought patterns, and all the small daily choices to adpat my life around TOS.
SO far on My TOS Diet, I'm finding that cutting out refined food, junk, carbs, and simply replacing them with whole foods to be somewhat helpful in reducing my pain issues. I continue to struggle with missing the upper affect from the serotonin dump I get when I eat a donut or something sugary. I have noticed less arm achiness, and overall feeling a little more stable, not swinging from one carb load to the next.

Breakfasts have consisted of Buckwheat pancakes, real butter, real syrup, banana...or Ezekiel Raisin toast with butter, Whole grain cereal with nut milk, eggs and whole grain toast, eggs and cooked chopped spinach with olive oil, coconut flavored green tea, plain organic tea, decaf black tea, and the last few mornings-decaf coffee...this morning-half caff coffee. Am I sliding back into coffee consumption? I have in the past, so possibly. I will try to hold out. I do feel less acidic without it, but my inner coffee addict gets just so pissy without that one cup-o-joe.

Lunch has been alot of leftovers, a veggie subway sandwich one day, but mostly leftovers.

Snacks lately have been: banana, applesauce cups/unsweetened, cucumber slices with hummus, mozzarella cheese stick, toast, grapes, mini oranges, nuts. I've let myself eat whenever I want as long as the food is whole, and not processed junk. So no weight loss, in fact I've gained a couple pounds the last two weeks. But then it is terribly cold and snowy and  hard to do very much besides try to stay warm... and eat.

Dinner has been beef meatloaf without the bread crumbs, brown rice with butter and veggies... Creamed cauliflower with ground beef and mixed veg(no corn) over brown rice or whole grain pasta topped with parm cheese...baked chicken, sweet potaoes, green beans...chicken stirfry-no msg, Bragg liquid aminoes instead of soy sauce...and last night we got regular old pizza because I needed a break from trying to figure out what to cook. I only had one piece, with a vanilla shake I made: vanilla nut milk, ice, blend.

As I near the one month mark, I've decided to continue to keep junk and refined foods and sugars out of my diet as much as possible, and continue sticking with whole foods.
I have a half full jar of Gin-soaked raisins on my counter I have no idea what to do with because I cannot bring myself to gag them down anymore.
The smoothies are always on my go-to list for something filing and healthy. I made a carrot cake smoothie that was delish the other day: carrots, apple, pineapple, walnuts, coconut shreds, nutmilk, cinnamon, nutmeg to taste, blend and drink-tasted like carrot cake!

One more TOS Diet update to go...gentle hugs~